- Remote Work
How to Improve Your Personal Brand at Work Remotely
You’re probably already aware that having a solid personal brand is vital if you want to succeed in business. But what does that mean exactly for remote workers? And how to build your personal brand at work with your remote teammates? Working remotely has its advantages and disadvantages. It gives you more flexibility and freedom but can also make it harder to build a solid personal brand. Here are some tips to help you develop a strong personal brand while working remotely. In this post, Kapsys will look at some of the most common ways people build their personal brands and explain why they work so well.
How to Improve Your Personal Brand at Work Remotely
You’re probably already aware of the importance of branding yourself professionally. But what about your personal brand? Do you know how to improve your personal brand at work? Here are some tips to follow to build your personal brand at work:
Believe in your idea
First, you need to understand who you are as an individual. What do you stand for? What values do you hold dear? Do you believe in yourself? If not, why not? These questions will help you define what makes you unique and set you apart from others. In other words, you've to focus on 2 main elements:
- First, you should believe in your idea when you doubt yourself, which affects the person creating the brand.
- Second, self-belief instills confidence in your ability to take this forward.
When working remotely, to build your personal brand at work, you must organize your ideas well and know the purpose behind them; how will you measure the extent to which your audience receives them?
- Set realistic goals for yourself, keeping in mind potential obstacles.
- Break down your goals into smaller goals that help you measure how feasible you are to develop your personal brand.
We’ve received your message. Someone from our team will contact you soon by emailContinueBack to main page
Sign up to our blog to stay tuned about the latest industry news.
Investigate and leverage remote communication tools
When you work remotely, you need different tools to communicate with your remote teammates because this may be the only way to communicate. It is the same when you work on personal branding; you must select the appropriate telecommunications tools to know the location and engagement of your audience. The right tools pave the way for your followers and visitors to interact with you, the person behind the brand. You can do this in several ways;
- Personal blog.
- Social media profile
- Audio and video content.
Establish a tone of voice for personal brand at work
It can be easy to get distracted during a conference call. However, beware of making this mistake. There are some group etiquettes:
- Pay attention to your tone of voice because your bosses and co-workers will make an impression on you through your call, and you want it to be a good impression.
- Participate in the conversations exchanged during the call and discussed your opinions together.
- Your voice and lack of enthusiasm can spoil you and damage your personal brand.
Networking is challenging when working in a remote company, but that doesn't make it any less critical. Here are how to keep yourself involved when working remotely:
- Be clear and willful about scheduling time with people outside of work.
- Build relationships with people who can be an asset to you and your work.
- After a conference call, make sure to follow up.
- Be grateful for people who support or provide you with valuable information.
- In your responses via email, always offer help to make connections. For example, "Let me know how I can be of help to you."
- Remember birthdays, anniversaries, and other events or celebrations of your remote teammates.
Create a community
You need to know how to build relationships working remotely with other people. This means being authentic and genuine. You should also ensure consistency in how you present yourself online. In addition, building relationships working remotely encourages people to break some artificial construct they think they should be, rather than making the most of who they are and putting the work in to develop their best.
Sign up for relevant events
How will your remote teammates get to know you remotely if you are not social and present in your company? You want to be a rock star. Be proactive in attending and communicating at events your company participates in, for example,
- Attend meetings.
- Food campaigns.
- Not-for-profit events.
- Leadership Round Tables.
- Employee resource group programs and workshops.
If the people around you do not notice you in the right ways. So how do you build your personal brand while working remotely?
Brand emails responsibly
Email is the most common communication tool when working remotely. Design your personalized email signature that stands out and includes your personal brand logo in the signature. You can create images as your email signature working remotely examples online by many tools, like Canva, photoshop. Set up signs that you're working remotely; they can also help you build a positive brand - when you use them to show that you're on vacation or working remotely, it won't stop you from doing a good job.
You’re probably wondering what exactly a personal brand is. It’s everything about you that makes you unique. In today’s world, where most people work from home or remote locations, having a strong personal brand is essential. To help you build a stronger personal brand, Kapsys has put together some tips on how to improve your personal brand at work.